Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Defective Cartridge

  1. #1
    rubento
    Guest rubento's Avatar

    Exclamation

    Back in September (2001) I purchased a pack of 10 K-40 Super 8 cartridges from Wittner-Kinotechnik. Since then I kept them refrigerated and a month ago I filmed one roll (after leaving the cartridge at room temperature for a full day). I shot it at 24 fps. with my Nizo 6080. Now that I have received the processed roll I have discovered that it is somewhat deffective: The image jumps vertically!!. This is more pronounced at the beguinning but the shake never stops. My projector is in perfect condition so I understand the problem is in the cartridge or in the emulsion. I while back I read some messages from Pedro warning about a batch of defective cartridges from Kodak. Maybe Pedro could give me some advice... Now I fear the rest of the cartridges bought at the same time could be deffective too!. Would Wittner-Kinotechnik be willing to replace the deffective cartridge and/or the other 9 still unused? Any advice would be welcome. I am about to shot some more film and don't want to spoil it again.

    Thanks

    Ruben
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    Rubento:
    Kodak is replacing every cart with this defect, send the developed film to Kodak. The defect occures occasionally, not all carts may be defected. It also occurs more at the beginning of the film.
    Unfortunatly, there is no way to know it before shooting. Wittner is not responsable for that, it happened to me, too and can happen world-wide, as ALL cart come from the same factory in France.
    Kodak confirmed to me, that carts delivered from 01/2002 on are perfect again (expiering date 2005).
    Carts dated 2003 and 2004 definitively have this defect.

    If Wittner is willing to exchange the unused carts into new ones - I don?t know, perhaps they do.

    Pedro

    ------------------

  3. #3
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    can i get a new roll and keep the defective one? doesn't seem impossible? i've shot a few rolls that show this problem, but still contain plenty of usable footage. handheld stuff obviously doesn't suffer as much from a little extra shake...

    /matt

  4. #4
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    They return the customer?s footage. It?s only needed to prove that the cart was defected.
    Pedro

    ------------------

  5. #5
    rubento
    Guest rubento's Avatar

    Post

    Could anyone post Wittner Kinotechnik e-mail address?

    Ruben

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •